Parents and caregivers of children are invited to participate in the Early Childhood Essentials classes at KDL this spring. If you have young children or if you work in child care and need professional development hours, the Early Childhood Essentials series is for you. The classes are for adults and childcare is not provided.
Registration is required and participation is limited. Classes fill up fast, so sign up today!
Workshops will include:
- “Mini Day of Learning: Autism Emphasis” – Saturday, March 3 at 9:30 AM at the Cascade Township branch
- “Discipline” – Thursday, March 8 at 6:30 PM at the Plainfield Township branch
- “Healthy, Fun Food for Kids” – Monday, March 12 and Monday, April 16 at 6:00 PM at the Grandville branch (class will be held at the Culinary Kitchen at the Grandville Family Fare)
- “The Importance of Play in Child Development” – Monday, March 12 at 6:30 PM at the Krause Memorial branch
- “Making the Most of Music” – Wednesday, March 14 at 6:00 PM at the Kentwood branch
- “Nonfiction for Preschoolers” – Thursday, March 15 at 6:30 PM at the Byron Township branch
- “Developing a Child’s Sensory Awareness” – Monday, March 19 at 6:30 PM at the Krause Memorial branch
- “How Children Learn To Read” – Monday, March 26 at 6:30 PM at the Krause Memorial branch
- “Keeping Kids Healthy and Safe” – Wednesday, April 11 at 6:00 PM at the Kentwood branch
- “Parent/Caregiver Communication” – Thursday, April 12 at 6:30 PM at the Plainfield Township branch
- “Stress Management For Caregivers” – Thursday, April 19 at 6:30 PM at the Byron Township branch
- “Pets and Kids” – Saturday, April 21 at 11:00 AM at the East Grand Rapids branch
Register online by clicking on the class you would like to attend in the list above, or call our Patron Services department at 616-784-2007.
Posted by: Morgan J.