Do you ever wonder how to return an eBook before its due date? Perhaps you just don’t have time to read it now, or you want to allow the next person to be able to read it. Fortunately, there are simple steps to return most eBooks early! Find directions here, and see directions for some of the most common devices below:
- Sign into “Manage Your Kindle” account here.
- Select the Actions button next to the eBook you want to return.
- Click Return This Book.
- Click Yes to verify that you want to return the eBook.
- If you also wish to delete the eBook from your Kindle Library list, select the Actions button again and click Delete from Library.
- Connect your reader to your computer. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- Select Library (in the upper left corner). The Adobe Digital Editions library is displayed.
- Right-click (control-click for Mac) on the title you’d like to return.
- Click Return Borrowed Item.
- Click Return to verify that you want to return the eBook.
- From the bookshelf, tap the + button next to the title you want to return.
- Tap Return / Delete to display the return options.
- Tap Return then Delete to return the title back to the library.
(Selecting Delete only will delete the title from your device, but you will still have it checked out.)
- Follow directions here. (Returns of eAudiobooks are currently available for MP3-formatted titles only. WMA eAudiobooks cannot be returned before the lending period is up.)
Thanks for checking out eBooks from ebooks.kdl.org! Please contact us if you have any questions about downloading KDL eBooks.
Posted by: Jan