Big news! We’ve been offering free downloads of eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines and music for awhile now, but we have something new to add to the mix. We are thrilled to announce that KDL cardholders can now stream movies and television shows for free through hoopla, a library-based video streaming service!
Hoopla specializes in educational movies, documentaries, foreign and independent films and children’s and family content. Their database of over 10,000 movies and television shows includes:
- Classic films such as Brigadoon, The African Queen and The Kid
- Family favorites like The Neverending Story, Black Beauty and A Little Princess
- Documentaries and educational programming by National Geographic, Ken Burns and Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Fitness and yoga videos, including Jillian Michaels
- Children’s shows such as Arthur, Caillou, and Super WHY!
- and much more!
KDL cardholders can stream 4 items per month from hoopla. (Update: As of February 2014, the limit has been raised to 8 movies or TV shows per month!) Multiple patrons can view the same content at the same time, which means no need to place holds. Most items have 72-hour checkouts and borrowed items are returned automatically when the loan period expires, so there are never any overdue fines. Videos stream directly in your web browser, or through a mobile app available for Apple and Android devices. (Mobile device users can also download a temporary copy of content for playing offline if necessary.)
Don’t miss out! Try hoopla today!
Posted by: Katie