If “learn a new language” was one of your New Year’s resolutions, now is a great time to check out Mango Languages, one of the awesome resources offered by KDL. Mango is FREE to all KDL cardholders, and is an easy, effective way to learn to speak a foreign language. Courses are currently available in 60 foreign languages and 17 English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
Mango has recently launched Mango Connect, a makeover of their user portal that will make it easier for language learners to access all the language-learning products available to them and keep track of their progress. Here are the details:
- The new dashboard is organized so that users simply select a language from the list and can then see all the products available to them in that language — traditional language courses (“Mango Conversations”), foreign language movies from Mango Premiere, and children’s courses from Little Pim (coming soon to KDL!)
- The old Basic and Complete 2.0 courses have been consolidated into a single product now called Mango Conversations. Any remaining Complete 1.0 courses have been “retired,” but access to the “classic portal” containing these courses will still be available until June 2, so users will have plenty of time to finish the course.
- Mango has also released new placement tests for 17 of their most popular languages, so those who need to make the switch from the old 1.0 courses to the new Mango Conversations (or those of us who may have studied a language in high school but have since forgotten most of it…) can easily determine where they should start. The link to the placement test is located on the Welcome Screen for those languages:
- Users can now create a custom profile page which stores their picture, study history and preferred language settings:
- In addition to the existing iOS and Android apps, Mango now has a mobile app available for Kindle and NOOK devices as well.
If you’re a current user of Mango Languages and have any questions about the change to the new portal, you can contact Mango’s Customer Service at 1-877-MANGO-11 or email@example.com. And if you haven’t used it before, watch the video below to see Mango Languages in action, then start learning a new language today!
Posted by: Sheri