We have another awesome new resource now available to KDL patrons
Learn4Life features over 300 instructor-led online courses focused on professional development, technology skills and personal enrichment. New sessions start every month, and each 6-week course offers well-crafted lessons, expert online instruction and interaction with fellow students in a lively discussion area.
These are the types of classes that may cost hundreds of dollars to take from a for-profit company, but they are available for free with your KDL library card! Here are just some of the wide range of courses available:
- Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Creating WordPress Websites
- Enhancing Language Development in Childhood
- Introduction to Windows 8
- Keys to Successful Money Management
- Luscious, Low-Fat, Lightning-Quick Meals
- Mastering Public Speaking
- Photoshop Elements 11 for the Digital Photographer
- Prepare for the GED Test
- Publish and Sell Your E-Books
- Resume Writing Workshop
- SAT / ACT Preparation
- Start and Operate Your Own Home-Based Business
See a complete list of courses here!
2 lessons are released each week during the 6-week class session, and each lesson is estimated to take 2 hours to complete. A certificate of completion is available at the end of each course, which may be accepted as proof of continuing education by some workplaces or institutions. There is no penalty for not finishing a course, and there are no limits on how many you can sign up to take.
You can watch a guided tour video of this new product or try it out yourself. If you see a course that interests you, there’s still time to enroll for the February session, which starts on February 19.
Posted by: Sheri