- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi
- Claire of the Sea Light by Edwidge Danticat
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- On Paper by Nicholas A. Basbanes
- Five Days at Memorial by Sheri Fink
- The Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin
The Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction were established in 2012 to recognize the best fiction and nonfiction books for adult readers published in the U.S. the previous year. The winners (one for fiction, one for nonfiction) are announced at an event at the American Library Association’s Annual Conference.
Posted by: Beth