KDL’s eleventh annual Teen Poetry Contest was a huge success thanks to all the great teen poets out there. This year, nearly 200 poems were submitted. Library staff reviewed the poems and narrowed down the entries, submitting them to former Grand Rapids Poet Laureate, David Cope, for final analysis. Ten winners were chosen and a PDF of the winning poems is available for your reading pleasure.
Congratulations to the winning poets!
- april 9 by Michelle Starkey
- Syria by Jimmy Kastelz
- The Box by Ashley Nelson
- And It Will Be Beautiful by Janelle Urena Ravelo
- An Evaporating Cosmos by Claire Oleson
- Goodnight Moon by Deanna Griffin
- Resentment by Jyi Herring
- Hopeless in Waiting / RE: Hopeless in Waiting by Greg Clapp
- A Sponsored Child by Samantha Holland
- Bursting from the Inside Out by Kaley Obney
We would also like to extend a special thanks to our judge, David Cope. We appreciate his expertise and his willingness to judge our contest again this year.
Posted by: Katie