OverDrive, the service provider for our eBooks & eAudiobooks, has added a number of new features to our site:
- You can now suspend a hold so it won’t become available for you to checkout until you’re ready for it. For example, you may want to place a hold on a popular eBook to reserve your place in line, but then suspend the hold until you’re finished reading your current book. If you make it to the top of the waiting list while your hold is suspended, the title will go to the next person in line until your suspension period is over. See OverDrive’s help pages for complete details.
- You can also now choose to auto-checkout a hold when it becomes available. You will still receive an email when your hold is ready, but the book will then be found on your Bookshelf of checked-out titles. See OverDrive’s help pages for complete details.
- You can now customize the Maturity Level settings for your account. Don’t want your child viewing mature adult titles? Or, conversely, are you an adult who doesn’t want to wade through children’s titles when browsing for eBooks? Change your Account settings to match your preferences. You can also choose to replace mature adult cover images with a basic cover instead. See OverDrive’s help pages for complete details. (Note that these settings only apply when you are logged in to your eBook account.)
- A new Recommended for You collection will appear on the eBook site homepage after you have signed in. Suggestions are based on titles you currently have checked out or on hold, and only those titles that are immediately available for checkout will be displayed.
- Finally, the Search function has been updated to improve the relevancy of results. For example, searching for “Lee Child” will now only retrieve titles by the author Lee Child, not everything that contains either the word “Lee” or “Child.” (For you search nerds out there, the default Boolean searching has been changed from “OR” to “AND.”)
Questions? Give us a call at 616-784-2007 or fill out our Support Request Form.
Posted by: Sheri