Starting September 29, 2008, the Grand Rapids Public Library (GRPL) will begin using a new catalog system called Evergreen. This change will have an effect on some of the library practices you may be used to, including the placement of holds and the payment of library fines. Here are some basic facts:
- The Grand Rapids Public Library is NOT leaving the Lakeland Library Cooperative. Kent District Library patrons will still be able to use their card at all GRPL locations as well as place holds on GRPL items.
- Although KDL patrons will be able to place holds on GRPL items, they will have to do so through a separate catalog system (Evergreen) and will have to pick up the item(s) at a GRPL location.
- KDL patrons will still be able to use the Public Internet terminals at all GRPL locations, and vice-versa.
- KDL patrons will still be able to view all of their account information and renew items online.
- A link to GRPL’s new Evergreen catalog will be easily accessible through our current LakeNet catalog.
For more detailed information, including a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) sheet as well as contact information, please view our Evergreen Information page.
Posted by: Eric