On September 29, 2008, the Grand Rapids Public Library (GRPL) launched its new Evergreen catalog system. With this launch comes a few significant changes in how library resources are shared between KDL and GRPL, including the placement of holds and the payment of library fines. Here are some basic details:
- The Grand Rapids Public Library has NOT left the Lakeland Library Cooperative. Kent District Library patrons can still check out materials at all GRPL locations as well as place holds on GRPL items.
- Although KDL patrons can place holds on GRPL items, they must do so through a separate catalog system (Evergreen) and will have to pick up the item(s) at a GRPL location.
- KDL patrons can still use the Public Internet terminals at all GRPL locations, and vice-versa.
- KDL patrons can still view all of their account information and renew items online.
- A link to GRPL’s new Evergreen catalog is now accessible through our current LakeNet catalog.
For more detailed information, including a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) sheet as well as contact information, please view our Evergreen Information page.
Posted by: Eric