Join us next Saturday, October 11, from 1:00 to 6:00, to enjoy round three of KDL’s Wii Tournament Series featuring Mario Kart. This time you will have to pit your racing skills against opponents from all over Kent County to see who will be crowned the Mario Kart Champion. There will be snacks, prizes, and lots of Mario Kart. Open to teens in grades 6 through 12.
The tournament will be hosted at the Grandville Community Room on 3843 Prairie St. (between Barrett Ave. and Ottawa Ave.) in Grandville, which is just a block or two away from the Grandville Branch. Click here for directions from the library, or call the Grandville branch at 647-3890 for more info.
For those of you wanting more details, here are a few. If you have more questions, leave a comment and we will answer you.
- No characters, courses, or vehicles have been unlocked. However, if they are unlocked during the course of the tournament you may use them.
- It will be a single player tournament, with 4 people playing during each race, with the exception of the final two rounds, which will just have two people playing.
- Everyone will compete in a few preliminary rounds to narrow down the field to a 28-man Tournament. The scores from the prelims will be recorded and that will determine which 28 participants advance. From there it will be single elimination races, with two of the four players advancing each round until we narrow it down to the end.
- The amount of preliminary rounds and the amount of races in each round will be dependent on time and the amount of challengers who show, but it will likely be 2 or 3 in both cases.
- All controller schemes will be allowed. We will provide Wii Remotes, Nunchucks, and Wheels; if you wish to use a classic controller or GameCube controller you must bring your own.
Posted by: Josh