Going back to school can be both exciting and daunting for children of all ages. Books can calm nerves, boost enthusiasm, and inspire kids as they prepare for bus rides, homework, and long days away from home. The Huffington Post has selected 10 books about starting school that will help make the transition as smooth as possible and remind kids that school is cool. Check one out today!
- I Am Too Absolutely Small for School by Lauren Child
- Kindergarten Rocks by Katie Davis
- My New School by Kirsten Hall
- David Goes to School by David Shannon
- First Gade Jitters by Robert Quackenbush and Yan Nascimbene
- Lunch Money and Other Poems About School by Carol Diggory Shields
- Middle School is Worse than Meatloaf by Jennifer L. Holm
- A Smart Girl’s Guide to Starting Middle School by Julie Williams
- The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk High School by Jack Canfield
For more great selections, check out KDL’s School Stories booklist, a list of helpful, entertaining books about going to school.
Enjoy your final weeks of summer!
Posted by: Katie