I’d like to take a moment to talk about Yahoo.com. Everyone talks about Google, but I don’t think everyone relies on Google because the results are better. Google is lucky enough to be a verb too, while it is awkward to tell someone to “just Yahoo it.” Even though I do most of my “Googling” through Google because I like the simple interface, I use Yahoo as my homepage for a few reasons:
- It has news stories in the middle of the page, with tabs for world or local news.
- By choosing “Games” on the left, one can find really fun games, including online crossword puzzles!
- Click “Movies” and search by your zip code. You can see the movie listings for all theaters in your area.
- Choose “TV” and enter your zip code to see your local TV listings. It is an easy way to find out what is a new episode and what is a rerun.
- By choosing “Shopping,” you can select a product and compare prices between vendors.
- Choose “Maps” and search for businesses or addresses (like Mapquest or Google Maps).
I understand that many of these features can be found through Google, but they are in the forefront through Yahoo’s main page. In addition to the features I mentioned, Yahoo has normal searching at the top, including an image and video search.
Posted by: Toby