It’s the news you have been waiting for! We are pleased to announce that KDL’s eBook collection is now compatible with the Amazon Kindle! You can now browse and download free library eBooks from KDL to a Kindle eReader or any device running the free Kindle app.
Here is the process for checking out a library eBook for Kindle:
- Visit KDL’s eBook collection at http://ebooks.kdl.org
- Browse for a Kindle eBook and check it out using your KDL library card number.
- Click the “Get for Kindle” button. This opens the Amazon.com website. You may be required to sign in with your Amazon.com account if you are not already logged in.
- Select a Kindle device or Kindle reading app. Click the “Get library book” button and sync your device or app to download the book, or choose to send it to your device via USB.
- An active Wi-Fi connection is required for wireless delivery to a Kindle device. If your Kindle is not Wi-Fi capable or you do not have an active Wi-Fi connection, read Amazon’s instructions for transferring files via USB.
You can see a video demonstration of this process below:
Users who enjoy eBooks on Kindle will benefit from Amazon’s Whispersync technology that synchronizes notes, highlights and last page read between their Kindle and free Kindle apps.
KDL also offers eBooks and eAudiobooks for use on PC or Mac computers and popular mobile devices such as smartphones, MP3 players and eBook readers like the Barnes & Noble Nook and Sony Reader.
We hope this announcement was worth the wait!
Posted by: Katie