December is the time of year when we start getting the “best of” lists. Teen books are not any different. Kirkus Reviews are a great source for librarians to see what is new and noteworthy. They also published a best of 2011 list for teens. Here are some of my favorites or ones I didn’t get time to read yet (from the list)!
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
- Ashfall by Mike Mullen
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
What was your favorite book(s) of the year?
Posted by: Beth