All branches of the Kent District Library will be closed on Monday, January 16 for the annual professional development event we call All-Staff. While we regret any temporary inconvenience this may cause, KDL’s commitment to staff training is one of the reasons we are able to provide you with such great service.
This is the one day out of the year that our entire KDL workforce comes together for a day of Learning, Fun, and Recognition of KDL’s Exceptional Staff. Topics staff will be exploring include:
- Embracing a new model of classification and labeling to improve service
- Developing cost-effective programming through community partnerships
- Updating early literacy efforts to incorporate new research on child development
- Using mobile devices for more efficient information assistance
- How we stay on top of the newest, best, and hottest books, movies, and music to recommend to you
Please remember that our “19th Branch” is always open online, with the greatest selection of eBooks, eAudiobooks, and downloadable music in the State, and visit us at any of our 18 branch locations, just not on January 16!
Posted by: Heidi